Wednesday, September 26, 2018
Word of the Day
Convivial (adjective)- fond of feasting and good company; sociable.
The class reunion had a convivial atmosphere.
Chicken Nuggets Bowl with Roll
Cheeseburger on Bun
Soccer is home vs. Pekin
Boys Golf is away at LeRoy
Girls Golf is traveling to Pontiac
Boys & Girls Cross Country is away at El Paso Gridley Invite
- The Ewing Cultural Center has an event planned the night of the Homecoming Dance. The grounds will not be open for homecoming pictures. Please choose a different location if you where planing to go to Ewing Manor.
- Mrs Bowers' freshman class needs one freshman, one sophomore and one junior for the pie eating contest. Contestants will be facing off with the reigning champion SENIOR Anthony Miller. Anthony is up to the challenge. Are you? See Mrs. Bowers if you think you can handle it!
- Key Club members: please use the link for Sign Up Genius to sign up to bring Oreo balls to the Homecoming carnival. See Mrs. Schroeder if you have any questions.
- Key Club will be collecting donations this week for the Hurricane Florence relief efforts. You can bring money to A21, Mrs. Schroeder's room. Key Club will also be collecting donations at their Oreo Ball booth at the Homecoming Carnival.
- All homecoming week you will have the opportunity to earn your class points by participating in the dress up days. This week’s themes are:
oToday: “On Wednesdays We Wear Pink” (Pink Out)
oThursday: Theme Day (Senior: Disney, Junior: Marvel/DC, Sophomore: Universal Studios, Freshman: Dreamworks)
- oFriday: Spartan day
You must make an effort to dress appropriately to earn a point. Remember that all school rules still apply during these days. Join the fun and earn spirit points for your class.
- Team Relays, tug of war and Football relays will take place today during the morning assembly.
- Pixie Pigskin Flag Football game will be tomorrow during the afternoon assembly.
- Friday September 28th the Student Council will be hosting our annual Homecoming Carnival. Be sure to bring money to buy food and play games during the carnival
- Homecoming tickets will be on sale during lunch in the commons. Tickets will be sold through Friday, September 28th. Tickets will not be sold after school. The cost for purchasing tickets in advance will be 10 dollars, and tickets at the door will be 20 dollars. So get your tickets in advance and save some cash!!! Appropriate attire is required for the dance. You will be sent home from the dance if you are not dressed appropriately.
- Tomorrow is the last day to bring in cans for Spirit in a Can! Each can is worth 1 spirit point and each box will minus 1 spirit point. Put boxed goods in other class's boxes to deduct their score! The class at the end of each day with the most cans gets a BONUS! The class with most cans today will receive 50 bonus points and Thursday 25 bonus points.
- As a reminder to all STEM club members we will be having a booth at the homecoming carnival this Friday. Please remember to signup to bring a baked good to sell at the carnival. The signup sheet is available on google classroom. Don't forget to have these items prepackaged and marked from $0.50 - $1.00. If you are unable to get onto google classroom speak to Mrs. Benjamin or Mrs. Bowers about what item you plan to bring.
HAVE A GREAT DAY OLYMPIA!