Wednesday, April 24, 2019
Word of the Day
Denizen (noun)- a person who regularly frequents a place; habitué
The 1980’s sitcom Cheers highlighted the denizens of a local bar.
Softball is away at GCMS
JV Baseball is traveling to Normal Community
Freshman Baseball is away at Peoria Notre Dame
- Students 16 and older - the Bloomington Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Arts are now accepting applications for Summer Positions such as Lifeguards, Camp Counselors, Miller Park Zoo cashiers, etc. If interested go to www.bloomingtonparks.org or see the flyers outside the Counseling Office.
- Students 13 and older - if you're interested in a Summer Job detasseling go to email@example.com for information on how to apply.
- SENIORS - The Counseling office wants to celebrate you by decorating their bulletin board with your picture and future plans. Please bring in a 4 x 6 picture of yourself or email one to Mrs. Blessing and include your plans for after high school (college, military, tech school, etc.). Your picture does not have to be a professional SR picture. Any questions please see Mrs. Blessing.
- The yearbook staff is hiring for next year! If you are interested in applying for yearbook staff, please see Mr. Brigham in room B6 to pick up an application. All applications are due the Tuesday after Easter. Thanks, and good luck!
- This is your last chance to buy a yearbook! They will remain on sale through the end of the month, so if you have not pre-ordered your book yet, please do so now at jostensyearbook.com, or bring cash or a check to Mr. Brigham (or Mr. Brigham's mailbox) before the end of April. They are $65, and if you have any questions as to whether or not you've already purchased one in the fall, just ask Brigs!
- Seniors! The Torch needs your baby pictures for the senior edition. Bring or email your photos to Mrs. Hapgood by Friday, April 26th!
- Interested in representing your class for the 2019-2020 school year? Pick up a Student Council Application in Mrs. Cooper's room A13. Help plan Homecoming, Mr. Spartan, and other various service projects throughout the year. Applications will be due April 26th so get yours today.
- Olympia HS Prom "An Enchanted Evening" will be held Saturday April 27, 2019 at the ISU Stadium Club Room at Hancock Stadium. Students should park in the parking lot adjacent to the Football Stadium off of Main Street. The doors open at 7pm for pictures and the dance will be from 7:30-10:30. All School Rules Apply. Tickets are on sale now for $20! Ticket gains you access to Afterprom as well. Buy your tickets early to ensure your Tshirt for Afterprom.
- AfterProm will happen immediately following at OHS. Students should be checked in by 11:30 pm and will stay at the lock-in event until conculsion at 4am. Food, fun, games, activities, hypnotist, inflatables, pool, laser tag, prizes and more will be available for the students. Permission slips and waivers must be turned in prior to the event. Pick up or print these forms now. Afterprom is a free event for Junior/Senior Prom Guests and their dates. Juniors and Seniors not attending prom may purchase tickets for $10 prior to the event.
- Attention students who had Biology first semester. You will be taking the Illinois Science Assessment next Thursday, April 25. You are responsible for bringing your Chromebook fully charged to the library at 11:00 - the test can take up to 50 minutes. Students will be done in time to eat during second lunch.
- Dance Tryout meeting this Friday during 1st lunch in the Auditorium
- Bowling Club will meet this Wednesday, April 24th immediately after school. See Mrs. Davis with any questions.
- Ag Day Applications are due this Thursday, tomorrow, to Mr. Hoffman!
- All Ag Day participants are to report to Mr. Hoffman’s room 2nd lunch next Tuesday, April 30th; to start going over station assignments.
- There will be an NHS meeting for all BRAND NEW MEMBERS of National Honor Society on Friday, April 26th during 1st activity period in the OHS Media Center. This is for NEW MEMBERS ONLY. Questions? See Mrs. Hapgood.
HAVE A GREAT DAY OLYMPIA!